DPI Mid Atlantic is the combination of the premier perishable and specialty dry distributors in the area providing full service programs for retail supermarket chains, independent grocers, delis, gourmet shops and specialty shops in all departments.
Our mission is to provide all customers with an extensive variety of dry grocery, frozen and perishable specialty foods from around the world, through marketing expertise and dependable service. Our constant focus on food trends, seasonality, customs and changing demographics allows for a product selection that results in more opportunities for our customer’s growth and profitability. Having been in the specialty food distribution business since 1963,
DPI Mid Atlantic has a wealth of experienced and talented employees who can offer customers innovative marketing programs with a full scope of services and solutions.
Our strengths include:
- Marketing: We see our role as uniquely positioned in the specialty food arena to maximize sales of both our customers and vendors and offer consumers the very best in variety and quality from around the world. On a bimonthly basis, we produce a full color brochure called “Continuing Education” focusing on the timely categories within our portfolio of specialty foods featuring food trivia and creative merchandising ideas. Monthly publications of “Product News” and our quarterly “No Show Food Show” programs offer merchandising promotional programs and seasonal activity designed to drive sales.
- Sales: Our sales staff of full service sales reps, merchandisers, set crews, supervisors and account executives are armed to offer customers the best in marketing and just plain good old service.
- Sales Force Automation: (SFA) enables field sales personnel to carry out order management and customer service functions using pen based laptops, portable printers and wireless communications. SFA also provides e-mail communication and access to real time product information, customer authorizations, price changes, promotions, inventory and sales history.
- Distribution: Our fleet of all temperature trucks enables delivery of frozen, refrigerated and dry foods to one stop. Roadshow, our computerized routing system, enables orders to be accurately and efficiently picked and delivered. We also provide cross dock service.
- Warehousing: We are currently operating from three facilities, two in Maryland and one in Massachusetts, with refrigerated, frozen and dry facilities.
- Technology: We can accommodate virtually any business to business computer automation, from electronic ordering to billing and reconciliation.